Friday, September 7, 2007

August 1996

I was granted a divorce and full custody of D-Max in August. August 16th 1996. Thereafter my boss took me on a shopping spree! I remember what I bought (or rather, was bought for me) but I don't recall the name of my attorney.

But I remember at the end thinking, Is this it? You stand in the witness box, the attorney says a few things to the judge, the judge asks you a few questions; you answer a few questions, the judge grants the divorce. You walk out of the witness box.

I've been divorced so long it's hard to remember that I was ever married actually.

What is the message from the Universe when:
(1) your cellphone has a bath and even after lengthy drying with the trusty hairdryer, it still doesn't work; to be followed by
(2) my spare phone being 'sim locked' and no code I can think of unlocks it and to top it off
(3) D-Max's cellphone is almost flat and I can't find his charger and he's asleep so I can't ask him. Without waking him up of course.

No comments: